December 29. 2011 | Andrea Contres
Merry Marketing in 2012
As we near 2012, I have begun thinking about my 2011 New Year’s resolutions and about resolutions for next year.
My first resolution, which I have decided to start before 2012, is to read more purpose-driven content. I want to read the WBJ, Accounting Today, Marketing News, and SmartCEO. Let’s be honest; I will be skimming these publications, but that is better than nothing. I also want to tackle great books that will benefit me personally and professionally such as Good to Great, It Starts with Why, and Delivering Happiness! (If you have not read Delivering Happiness, pick up a copy today!) Throw in Regis Philbin’s new book to that list as well!
After thinking about resolutions for myself, I thought about some (from a marketing manager’s point of view) I would challenge my colleagues to make for 2012.
- Become a LinkedIn Mover and Shaker.
- Use our CRM.
- Pick two networking events to attend each month.
- Commit to one coffee or lunch meeting per month with a referral source or prospect.
- Go out to lunch with a director or member once a quarter.
- Find out if your top 10 clients are on facebook or twitter.
- Write a blog post for the WatkinsWire!
- Say hello to colleagues in the hallway.
- Join an industry specific association or a charity of your choice! I am extremely proud of everyone at Watkins Meegan for raising over $12,000 for the 2011 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk! Let’s beat $12k in 2012!
- Pass your CPA, CIA, or get your MBA.
- Help out with recruiting!
- (12 for 2012) Attend the annual Watkins Meegan Holiday Party and/or summer picnic!
Happy Holidays everyone! Here’s to you and me achieving our resolutions for 2012!
Comments (0) »